Mix the beans, salsa and veggies together and then add 1-2 cups organic veggie broth. If you have a trader joes by you they have a great broth that is only $1.99 a box.



next add 1/2 - 1 Cup organic barley (depending on how thick you like it)... there are multiple variety's of barley and they all are fine. We buy ours in bulk from Whole Foods and it's pearled barley. Again like beans, grains are highly pesticide laden so organic is best



then I normally go to the fridge/freezer and see what veggies I have. We like carrots and corn in this soup. I've done spinach, red and yellow peppers, okra, peas, pretty much anything you like. You may start to catch on but I really just through beans, veggies & grains together in just about anything to make dinner. All of my recipes are very easy to adjust to your liking. Have fun and try something new! :)



once everything is mixed in I normally add some ground cumin and lime juice oh and I almost forgot Garlic!



I forgot to take a picture of the finished soup... but you can imagine... it looks like black bean soup. :) I like to top it with fresh green onions and when I'm in the mood some goat cheese. But it's excellent alone too.

BC's Black Bean soup

2 cans black beans (one pureed)
1 onion
1 green pepper
2-4 celery stalks
1 jar salsa
1-2 cups veggie broth
1/2-1 cup barley
minced garlic
2 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp lime juice
shredded or chopped carrots
2 cups frozen corn
any other veggies you like

bring to a boil then cover and turn heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or longer.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me with your words!

Brittany