what's for lunch

Sweet Kidney bean mash
...topped with tomato and avocado
that's what for lunch!
::Ingredients::
3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed {not peeled} and diced
2 large celery stalks, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1/2 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
1 large onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups dry kidney beans, soaked 12-24 hours, cooked
1 freshly squeezed lime
10 large basil leaves
1-2 tsp redmonds real salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
coconut oil for sautéing

...Place the diced sweet potatoes into a steamer set on a pot filled with 1 inch of water. Cook covered on med-high heat until potatoes are tender. About 15-20 minutes

...Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add in veggies and sauté until tender
...In a food processor, blender or with a stick mixer like me, combine the sautéed veggies with the sweet potatoes, beans, lime juice, basil leaves, salt, cumin, chili powder. Mix until creamy
...serve on warm toasted bread and top with tomatoes, avocado and a sprinkle of real salt!

This is a new recipe for us and oh my it is for sure being added onto the "keeper" list. I love that it is a healthy sandwich and all my kids love it! It does take a little time to make but I made a double batch and it served 2 lunches during the week.
I made this last week and seeing these pictures has put me in the mood for more! {grin}
Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me with your words!

Brittany