I did it... you can too...

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Paul and I had been talking about what we were going to do for Christmas presents... I do not like holiday shopping... it's all about spending and me, me, me. I'd much rather skip all the presents and just enjoy family and friends and celebrate Jesus birthday. We were thinking about Heifer International but that's not the best give for everyone.... so I love the whole handmade idea. We have a wonderful shop downtown called Global village... they buy from local villagers and families and practice fair trade. They carry awesome stuff... and it's defiantly handmade.

Try it... you'll like it.... and your gifts will be one of kind this year, you'll support individual people and your gift won't be made in a factory. That's special!

I was only going to post my WW today... but I just had to share the good news.

peace out,

8 comments:

  1. what a great idea ... we bought gifts that will be gifted overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm.....sorry, but I want stuff made in a factory. Specifically, new bath towels. Really nice ones. And a new Rebel. And a pink polka dot Dooney. And gift certificates to Victoria's Secret (mama need new undies). And a GPS for my car. I take that back! How about a new car with the GPS built in. Ok, *that* one won't happen. But the others will. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Etsy.com I could have a hay day there! : )

    We mentioned that also - the no gift giving. I really don't even like it, for the same reasons as you.
    I'd be perfectly fine with just family and a satsuma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We started the tradition last year of buying gifts for others last year through World Vision or Plan Canada.

    Christmas needs to be about giving...NOT buying!

    I like the handmade idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the link! We have spent the past couple of Christmas' getting away from buying more junk and spending too much money on electronics and such that are outdated before the wrapper is off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did most of my shopping at Etsy.com! I love it there.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting...I would probably 'make' all my gifts this year if I had the time. With moving though...I just don't know if I can squeeze in all that sewing and crafting. =( Also- I was kind of curious what camera you use (hopefully that's not too snoopy...). I love the pictures you take and I've been looking for a camera that will take high quality pictures, but also something not too high priced. Just wondering...=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment the other day. I can't believe you are the only women in a house of 5 MEN! You deserve a copy of my book! "Up To No Good" -The rasically things boys do. I think you would get a kick out of it! Send me your address and I will send a signed copy your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your words!

Brittany