desert thoughts

Almost 11 weeks living on the road... and we've been through 17 states, traveling just over 7,000 miles. Wow!

Its been an amazing journey... Not without challenges but isn't that part of the adventure?!!

we had our first "home repair" the other day.... We blew a tire in the middle of the desert between new mexico and arizona. Thankfully I have many wiling and able men to change tires. We now have 4 new tires.

We have been off-grid mostly, boondocking in the desert and camping at the base of the mountains. It is lovely and beautiful and all sorts of amazing. I love where we've been staying... Which is why its worth being off-grid. :)

I haven't been on the computer for nearly 4 weeks.... Its bittersweet. I love the peace but sometimes miss the connection.

This trip had been full of dreams discovered and old wounds healed. What a blessing it has been.

We've been through forests, bayous, caves, sand dunes, deserts, mountains, oceans and beaches. it still amazes me to think about how much we've seen and done on this trip... And there is so much more to do!

We went and looked at new RVs... I guess we're feeling a bit crowded and that extra 50sqft sure does seem bigger. Ha! We won't likely do anything yet, but we are already planning for next winter.

I have more to say and LOTS of pictures to share but that will have to wait until we pull out of the mountains.

I am writing this on my phone while I have service... But that is fleeting as we head back into our cozy campsite on the mountains.

please ignore the spelling and grammar errors... Blogging from my phone is tricky. :) goodnight friends.

29 comments:

  1. How fun and amazing!!! My husband and i talk about doing a trip like this with the kids all the time i will definitely be asking you for some advice when we do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having the most amazing journey.  I hope you all continue to enjoy the miracles you are seeing everyday and soak up every minute of your future's memories Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney 77824/1/12, 9:21 PM

    Love that you guys are having an amazing time. Hope to do this with my family someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I'm so glad you are enjoying time as a family and can't wait to see your gorgeous pictures...whenever you find time to post them. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. brittanyclaire4/2/12, 11:25 AM

    Thank you! And I can't wait to share the photos, all I need is electric and internet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. brittanyclaire4/2/12, 11:26 AM

    I hope you get to also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. brittanyclaire4/2/12, 11:26 AM

    Thank you shelia, beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. brittanyclaire4/2/12, 11:29 AM

    How fun, I hope you do get to do it one day, its such an amazing journey. Oh and you can ask away, we're still learning but we have plenty to share to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. bumbletwinsplusone4/2/12, 4:55 PM

    these are going to be such great memories for your children, i wish I could be braver with my children and do more, maybe one day ?! 

    bumbletwinsplusone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this post. glad you all had a fun time as family.

    Check it out if you are interesting. I'm giving a giveaway for a design blog, the talented sisters from Truly Your  blog, they will be drawing a blog something you want, with props, a draw picture that look likes you. Interesting? Go on and enter and hope to win... http://www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/first-giveaway_29.html Good LuckSachawww.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like an amazing trip. I have officially been bit by the road trip bug. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brittany..i need to ask you something!!?? What vitamins did you say you use for a natural antibotic?? Need to  know & THANK YOI!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. brittanyclaire4/7/12, 7:00 PM

    We use colloidal silver, mesosilver specifically. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. brittanyclaire4/7/12, 7:01 PM

    Hee-hee that will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. it was like 3 different vitamins..i believe acidophilus was one of them. My daugthers' middle name is Claire too, after my mom Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. JDaniel4smom4/18/12, 7:32 AM

    This sounds like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope all is well - It has been a while since you last posted.  I hope you are safe and enjoying this time with your family

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just had to post this quote cuz' I know you tweeted about all the comments you have gotten about the size of your family.. "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!" :) Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amasing. Well done.

    Best

    Mom Cigdem fm Turkey, have only one girl. What a shame.

     

    ReplyDelete
  21. Addition;

    My blog  www.oglakkizlari.blogspot.com  Unfortunately in Turkish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Where are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your so lucky for having that great adventure. Even you have a busy day you, it can't stop you for sharing your amazing journey.  

    ReplyDelete
  24. Samantha Allen4/29/12, 9:18 PM

    So jealous of your "off-gridding"! ;) Glad yall are having fun. I have fallen behind on your posts and just spent a little time catching up. I would be very interested in hearing what all yall are eating on the road. I always love your food posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome to the road! Glad I stumbled across your site. We're also a family of six (actually, #6 is on the way this September) living full time on the road. You have a beautiful family, best of luck in the desert, it's our favorite place to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you can update soon, Brittany.  I'm a bit worried about you all!  Hope it's all going well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have to apologize, several months of draft work were lost. Fortunately, still have the negatives. 2 much work for us @ the moment.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your words!

Brittany