late night talking

Life has been busy this week...
but really, when isn't it busy?
I guess it's just been a different kind of busy.

It's freezing cold and windy and foggy.
The sky was white today and the ground is partially white.
The trees are covered in frost.
The boys said "it looks like the earth is losing all it's color,
but it's a good thing we have lots of color inside!"
I agree.

{this picture was before the sky turned white and the fog settled in}


We've been learning a lot about St. Nick lately.
It's been incredibly fascinating for me, my husband and the kids!
We watched a beautiful fiction movie about St Nick as a child.
It was called  Joulutarina - Christmas Story. You can find it on Netflix.

The boys have been big time into science experiments of all kinds lately.
I love watching them dive into learning all on their own...
watching them discover passions and interests...
and having fun doing it!


I caught the girls dressing up in Ozzie pajamas today.
They were pretending something, I'm sure.
I love their imaginations, such a gift.

Later in the day I saw Eliza looking at herself in her reflection on the window.
It was sweet and innocent and left me thinking....
I hope they always see themselves as beautifully and wonderfully made.
I guess I should make sure I'm lead by a good example shouldn't I.

We went to town yesterday just for fun,
although we did still manage to go grocery shopping.
That was, after nearly 3 hours of swimming and then the library.
By the time we made it home I ended up making dinner at 9pm.
The kids said it was an awesome day!
That makes it all worth it.

On our way to town we passed a delivery truck.
We usually joke "I hope they aren't coming to our house"
When we got home we saw that they did indeed come to our house.

It was addressed to Ozzie.
He read his name, and was so proud....
and he has been carrying it around with him all day.
Only a few more days until his birthday. eeeek!

I started this post last night, finally, hopefully finishing it tonight!
continuing now...

I just realized this evening, when I finally got around to washing our swim stuff
...that I forgot my swimsuit at the Y. sigh.
I called, they have it, it's in the lost and found box, with my name on it.
Anyone else think it's weird they wouldn't hold it behind the desk?
Hope it still there when we get back to town.

As we left the library the other day, I heard the train coming.
We headed straight home and the train beat us.
We saw it multiple times on the drive, and wondered who would come through town first.
At least it's fun to watch the train go by. {grin}



I still haven't started my Christmas shopping. sigh. I know.
I have ideas, I just need to get it done.
The kids however have been on a gift making craze
...and honestly some of their gifts are incredibly awesome.
I love seeing their creative side shine through.
We've been making cookies and cookies and cookies and chocolate candies.
oh, I love Christmas baking!
We made candy cane sugar cookies for our homeschool cookie exchange.
Well, actually the BOYS made the cookies
...I think I am raising a house full of chefs. yummy!

I made a Christmas tree decorating video.
Hopefully I can put it together and share it tomorrow.
it's not the best thing ever, but it's beautiful all the same.

My best friend wrote something on her blog recently that really stuck with me.
"I'm finally feeling like I've got a pretty good handle on the routine of our life at this moment...but I know that won't last long! God has a habit of shaking up my snow globe the moment the flakes settle!!"
My flakes settled and God has been shaking them up lately. I said I don't like monotony {grin}



I have more to say, but it's late, and I must sleep
...before it's time to get up and do it all again {grin}

goodnight friends.

5 comments:

  1. Sandra Kohlmann12/15/11, 5:23 AM

    It looks like your family has had a couple of eventful days. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to me you like watching the train. Where we live in Iowa is right by (like 1/2 a mile) from Union Pacific Railroad and the busiest track in the U.S. I literally have to dodge that stupid thing at least once a day to get home and to work. This morning I (barely) made it under one barricade and had to drive around the second one. It sure becomes a game!
    Merry Christmas to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blueschoolmomma12/19/11, 10:59 AM

    Whichever cat that is at the end of the post, you must drop him or her into the mail and send it here promptly! I think for that cute fur I'd make an exception to my no littler box rule!! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. brittanyclaire12/19/11, 5:42 PM

    Ha! I'm pretty sure that is marley...he is very fluffy.

    ________________________________

    ReplyDelete
  5. your days sound FUN and oh so blessed! and i love your boys quote ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your words!

Brittany