Our Christmas


And oh what a Christmas it was... I'm kind of glad I waited to post about our Christmas because it's given me a chance to 'de-stress' and slightly forget all the woes that happened along the way. We didn't end up leaving for Indy on Friday night because... you guessed it... I wasn't ready! This is SO unlike me. I still had shopping to do, the house was a wreck and so on. So... my mom and dad kept the boys over night so Paul, Ozzie and I could finish up shopping and packing. Saturday morning it took us 3 HOURS to get out the door. After we picked up the boys and were an hour away we realized that Paul had left his phone in the barn. He laid it there while he was talking on speaker phone and filling air in the tires. Nice... so our 3 1/2 hour trip took 7 hours I think. Oh and I could not find my camera battery charger ANYWHERE and it was dead. Hince why there are no before Christmas pictures right now. Grayson actually found it in a bag I happened to bring... but the charger was not supposed to be in there. Lucky me! We had a nice weekend at my dads house... baked cookies, played basketball in the basement, watched movies, drank wine, went shopping & wrapped presents. The part that really sucked was Ozzie started getting a rash on Christmas eve and it got worse and worse and he STILL has it. I thought it was stress... he got a rash when we went on vacation this summer but now I'm not sure. Maybe allergies??? I really don't know... I'm leaning towards it being something viral. He had a slight cold the week before and his immune system would have been slightly compromised when we left town.. so with that and the stress and other stuff going around I'm wondering if this his how is body is dealing. I really thought it would have been better by now but it's not and I can't take him in until Wednesday because of the weekend and the holiday. So we'll see... Anyway. Christmas! We had Christmas morning at my dads and then we all went to my Aunt Connie's for Christmas afternoon-evening and had a wonderful time. It was great to see everyone and the kids had a blast. We ended up leaving Grayson and Vance there since we had to drive home Christmas night and My parents and brothers brought them home the next day. Overall it was a wonderful Christmas............... but we're not going out of town next year!

Sorry for the book.... let the pictures begin!!!!

Here's my dad and the boys... Ozzie was THRILLED!
















My beautiful Cousin Ashley... I love you Ash it was so nice to see you. I wish we would have had more time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love the new header you made!
    It makes me smile. : )

    Sounds like you had a busy but fun time! Especially having to back track for the cell. Isn't that always a great way to start a trip? ; )

    Hope you have a great New Year's Eve! We're just going to hang low and watch a movie, maybe go to bed early!! Pretty exciting, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FANTASTIC new header!! Super shots of your little men. It's fun to see them all together. Nice work!

    I just love the feel of your photos, Brittany. They just make me want to BE there...be part of your family. Looks so warm, fun, safe, exciting in your life! I love how your photos all have a similar "feel" to them. I'd know they were yours anywhere! It's just like recognizing a painter's style. Thanks for sharing! I love your blog.

    Love the pom shot. How juicy and fresh is that photo!? Whoa.

    And loved hearing about your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your words!

Brittany